Vice President Namadi Sambo on Saturday in Bauchi said the Federal Government would patronise the 50,000-tonne capacity Bauchi State Fertiliser Blending Plant.
The vice president made the pledge at the inauguration of a newly-installed granulator at the plant, stressing that “government will patronise the plant to ensure its sustainability.’’
He said the patronage would be through the involvement of the plant in Federal Government’s Growth Enhancement Support Scheme (GES), aimed at transforming the agriculture sector.
Sambo said that under GES, registered farmers were being provided with fertiliser at 50 per cent discount.
He commended the Bauchi State Government for establishing the plant, saying the initiative would assist in making fertiliser accessible and affordable to rural farmers in the state and beyond.
He expressed optimism that the plant would serve the purpose for which it was established.
The vice president urged other states to emulate the initiative, adding that it would assist in meeting the high demand for fertiliser in the country.
The vice president was conducted round the plant by Governor Isa Yuguda. The governor commended the Federal Government for its support to the state.
- Norwegian firm to establish fertiliser plant in Nigeria
- Replicate the Federal Government’s Tsangaya School model-Sambo
- Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home
- Bauchi State Govt. to complete digitalisation of media outfits in 2013
- New Year Holidays: Few workers at work in Abuja, Edo, Delta, other States
- PHCN promises improved electricity supply to Bauchi
- 7,000 out of 17,000 Bauchi teachers passed screening exercise
- Xmas: FG uncovers plot to attack 10 states •Names churches, hotels, telecoms installations, police stations as targets •SSS officers recalled from leave
- Gunman opens fire in Bauchi; kills many, injures others
- Catholic Church Bombed in Bauchi
- Sambo, Mark, Gowon, Ekweremadu, Kukah, Omeri describe deaths of Yakowa, Azazi, others as monumental loss
- Sambo, Buhari, others condole Yakowa’s family
- Borno plans new fertiliser distribution strategy
- You must implement media allowance, Bauchi NUJ tell Gov.
- Ayuba Halilu either has to remain male with penis or become female?
Do you have a story or an article to publish? Please email us to email@example.com.
Category: Bauchi State News